Enhance Your Smile with Veneers
At Ft. Worth Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we understand the impact a beautiful smile can have. You can make a lasting impression and enjoy confidence with an aesthetically pleasing smile. However, few people have time for multiple procedures or office visits in order to address common smile imperfections, such as misshapen teeth or enamel discoloration. Patients with these issues may refuse to smile and suffer from low self-esteem because of their unattractive teeth. Fortunately, Dr. Nikki Green can instantly improve the appearance of teeth with porcelain veneers. Veneers can restore your smile to its original glory, boosting your confidence and making smiling easy.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A porcelain veneer consists of a very thin layer of porcelain that the doctor custom designs to fit over your visible teeth. We may place one or several in order to transform the appearance of your smile. Dr. Green will design your veneers to match the exact color and shape of your natural teeth so they blend seamlessly with your smile, then send the design to a dental lab where technicians will use it to hand-craft your new veneers.
The doctor will bond your veneers to the front surface of your teeth, and you will find it virtually impossible to tell where your natural teeth end and the veneers begin. The translucence of the porcelain the doctor uses to create your veneers mimics the reflective properties of the enamel on natural teeth and creates a very natural appearance.
As a restorative material, porcelain resists most stains, including those caused by wine, cola, and tobacco. Porcelain gives your smile strength and security, and with proper care, your veneers will last 20 years or longer. Many doctors who have traditionally turned to dental crowns to restore discolored or damaged teeth have found that porcelain veneers offer a fantastic alternative for restoring smiles.
Like crowns, they help hide chips and stains, however, they can also fill in gaps between teeth, and correct mild misalignment. Dr. Green can place veneers with minimal removal of the tooth’s structure and still provide you with teeth in the shape and color you desire.
In some cases, with our advanced CEREC® same day technology, we can create and place your veneers in a single appointment!
How Will Veneers Improve My Smile?
We may use porcelain veneers to address a number of common imperfections. We can use them to repair issues such as:
- Chipped Teeth – When a patient bites into something hard or gets hit in the face with a hard object, like a baseball, the patient often ends up with a chipped tooth. Dr. Green can place veneers over chipped teeth, improving their appearance and strength.
- Permanent Teeth Stains & Discoloration – Whitening treatments will eliminate most stains, but some patients refuse them due to the tooth sensitivity they can sometimes cause. Other patients may have intrinsic stains, which emanate from the inside of the tooth and respond poorly to conventional whitening treatments. Veneers can cover these areas of discoloration, keeping your smile looking clean and white, without bleaching agents that make your teeth sensitive.
- Worn Down or Misshapen Teeth – Most patients will notice their teeth wearing down with age, but some patients may experience a wearing down of their teeth related to other issues. The biggest cause of wear and tear to the teeth is bruxism, or teeth grinding. Bruxism can cause serious damage to your teeth if not treated properly. Porcelain veneers can cover the worn teeth, but the patient will need to talk to Dr. Green about a night guard to prevent teeth grinding.
- Gaps Between Teeth – Dr. Green can design your veneers so that they give your teeth a wider appearance, effectively filling in any gaps you may have between your teeth.
- Mild Misalignment – Dr. Green can use veneers to give uneven teeth a feeling of symmetry, and to cover mildly misaligned teeth to improve appearance and function. For more severe cases of misalignment, the doctor may recommend orthodontic treatment.
A Professional You Can Trust
Dr. Nikki Green has the advanced cosmetic training necessary to ensure your porcelain veneers look beautiful and fit comfortably in your smile. She has completed hundreds of hours of post-graduate cosmetic dentistry courses to hone her talents and continues attending new courses each year to stay up to date on the latest technology and techniques involving porcelain veneers.
Dr. Green has completed the Frank Spear Mastery Continuum and has become a member of the esteemed Spear Faculty Club, where she works to improve other dentists’ techniques and keep them abreast of the latest in cosmetic dentistry practices.
Please contact our office to see if porcelain veneers are the right restoration for your smile. You can speak to us right now by calling (817) 653-8859.