“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Buddhist monk, teacher, and peace activist.
Is your smile a source of joy? If not, why?
For many people, smiling is not joyful. Instead, it is embarrassing, anxiety producing, and even painful.
We live in a society where others judge us every day based on our appearances, and a person’s smile is often the first thing that others notice. Discolored teeth are associated with bad habits or a lack of hygiene.
Even worse, missing teeth are often unfairly equated with low intelligence or a lack of caring about oneself.
Teeth that are unattractive make social situations awkward and worrisome. Are friends making comments behind your back? What did the manager think at that job interview? You may find yourself dodging the camera, covering your mouth when you speak, or even avoiding socializing altogether.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
No matter what your current situation is, options are available to help you have an attractive smile that allows you to laugh with confidence again.
Are You Avoiding the Dentist?
Often, people who are embarrassed by their smile don’t seek treatment. Some worry that their dentist will judge them or give them a lecture about hygiene or self-care. Others fear that treatment will be painful or that nothing can help them. Still others are concerned about the costs of treatment and that they shouldn’t be spending money on something as “frivolous” as cosmetic dentistry.
First of all, Fort Worth dentist Dr. Nikki Green understands your worries and concerns. She will never judge you or make you feel embarrassed about the condition of your teeth. She will sit down with you, discuss your worries and your concerns, and gain a deep understanding of your goals so that she can help you create a plan to improve the health and appearance of your teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry – or any dentistry – does not have to be painful. The media has created an unfair stereotype of dentists as cruel sadists. This couldn’t be further from the truth. No dentist actually wants to see a patient in pain, and modern techniques and technologies allow us to perform treatments with greater comfort and precision than ever before.
If you are feeling especially fearful or anxious about your dental visit, let us know so we can discuss sedation dentistry, which will help to calm and relax you during your visit.
Cosmetic dental treatments are available that can fit all budgets, and the appearance of your smile is not a frivolous expenditure. We’re talking about your physical and your emotional well-being. We’ll work with you to create a plan that fits your needs and is affordable. Depending on your insurance and your individual situation, some treatments, such as crowns and bridges, may even be covered by your insurance.
Dr. Green accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, and financing is available through Care Credit and Springstone Financial. Call our office to discuss these options.
Which Treatment Is Right for Me?
We understand that it can be overwhelming to consider the different treatments available. You may not know where to start – especially if there are several problems that you would like to fix. This is where a personal consultation with Dr. Green comes in.
Dr. Green will perform a thorough examination and evaluation of your current dental health. She’ll check the condition of your teeth and also screen you for periodontal disease (which is often the culprit behind missing teeth).
She understands the need for teeth that are both healthy and attractive and will keep both of these factors in mind throughout the evaluation and when she makes her recommendation.
Some of the most popular cosmetic treatments we offer include:
- Teeth whitening – We use both take-home and in-office methods that can erase years of discoloration and staining. This is one of the most cost-effective ways to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Porcelain veneers – While veneers cost a bit more, the dramatic transformation that we can achieve with them is truly remarkable. Veneers are often the secret behind movie stars’ perfect smiles.
- Porcelain crowns – Crowns conceal and protect damaged, weakened, or severely discolored teeth. New technology allows us to create crowns that incredibly lifelike.
- Dental bridges – A simple and affordable technique to replace missing teeth, bridges can improve your smile quickly and are often covered by dental insurance.
- Dental implants – This innovative technique is becoming the gold standard in tooth replacement. Implants don’t just look good; they also help to maintain the health of your periodontal bone.
- Invisalign – Want to straighten your crooked teeth but don’t want years of braces? The clear plastic aligners of Invisalign provide all the benefits of traditional braces without all the hassle and metal.
Call Our Office Today
Don’t you feel the time has come for a change? Live your life with comfort and confidence, smile when you want, and laugh freely.
Call Fort Worth Cosmetic and Family Dentistry today at (817) 737-6601 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Green.
It’s time for your smile to be the source of your joy.